Heritage Christian Services is seeking an energetic and positive person with a record of providing person centered supports. The Fiscal Intermediary Coordinator is responsible for providing support and guidance to individuals who self direct their services through a self directed budget. Responsibilities include active participation in the person centered planning process and oversight of the self directed budget once approved.
- Meet/interview with individuals and families in order to educate them on self directed services and the role of the Fiscal Intermediary.
- Actively participate in Circle of Support (COS) and ISP meetings for assigned individuals; act as a back up resource for team members.
- Review self directed budgets that are submitted by the broker; ensure all required elements are in place prior to submission to OPWDD.
- Maintain an electronic/hard copy record for each individual you are assigned to support.
- Enroll assigned individuals in Therap and CHOICES as appropriate.
- Process self hire job requisitions and job descriptions.
- Complete training for new self hire staff; inform staff when they are cleared to work; enroll/register self hire staff for training as needed on going. Ensure completion of mandated annual inservicing.
- Assist with creating documentation sheets and billing checklists and distribute them to the individual/COS.
- Provide billing support; tracking down and collecting documentation, ensuring compliance with information. Submit timesheets to the accounting/finance team in a timely fashion.
- Enter employee hours in the payroll system.
- Monitor monthly expense reports for assigned individuals and address issues/concerns proactively with the individual, broker, service coordinator and members of the COS as appropriate
- Submit invoices to the accounting/finance team for timely reimbursement (i.e. personal expenses, mileage, family reimbursed respite etc.).
- Read, understand and ensure compliance with relevant ADM’s including comm. hab, broker, respite, SEMP, FI etc.
- Attend regional FI meetings as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of High School diploma or high school equivalency; college experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Personable and energetic with positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license that is in compliance with Heritage Christian Services’ motor vehicle record standards, and reliable transportation to and from work
Labeled as: Heritage Christian Services
About Heritage Christian Services
Heritage Christian Services supports thousands of people in Rochester and Buffalo to make sure they have access to housing, jobs and other things that make life better. Most of the agency's 2,500 employees work directly with people who have disabilities. Their work happens where life happens, so sometimes they go with people to art therapy or to a wedding or to a movie. But wherever they are, they treat people with respect and dignity - and that's why our employees and our agency are recognized as one of New York's top providers for people with disabilities.